All LPSEF participants agree to the use of any photograph(s) taken with or without a name and for any lawful purpose (i.e., publicity, illustration, and web content) by the LPSEF and University of Northern Colorado.
Important Dates and Deadlines
LPSEF February 14, 2017
- The 2017 Longs Peak Science and Engineering Fair is Tuesday, February 14. The fair will be hosted at the Island Grove Event Center (Click HERE for directions to the Event Center). Any Students in grades 5-12 are eligible to participate in the fair; however, 5th grade students cannot qualify for the state competition.
- The Deadline to Register for the fair is Wednesday, January 11, 2017. Register using the links on the Home Page.
- IRB/SRC member's lists are due November 25, 2016.
- Projects requiring critical ISEF forms are due to the LPSEF December 9, 2016. Critical forms are necessary when a project involves vertebrates, humans, DNA, tissues, and pathogenic or controlled substances. All project forms (including a research plan) must be reviewed by the LPSEF SRC prior to the student starting their experimentation. These forms ( 1, 1A, research plan withe bibliography, 1B and all other forms that are required for a specific project 92, 3, 4, surveys, questionnaires, 5A/B, 6A/B, 7 etc.) must be typed. Abstracts are not completed until after experimentation.
- All project forms (copies only), including critical forms with revisions and abstracts (if project is complete), are due by January 18, 2017. Forms can be mailed, emailed, faxed or hand-delivered. Do not send original forms. The LPSEF SRC Committee will then meet to approve projects. Soon after, I will send you a report of any revisions needed. Upon receiving the report, students should make the revisions and keep in their notebooks the revised original and at least one copy. The notebooks should be available at the fair.
- The student fee remains at $25/student and is payable to the Longs Peak Science Foundation. Fees are due February 1, 2017.
- State finalists must have their abstract online submissions completed and finalist verification forms turned in by March 7, 2017
- The Colorado Science and Engineering Fair (CSEF) will be held at CSU in Fort Collins, April 6-8, 2017. Since renovations are complete at CSU, our state allocations have increased to accommodate our larger numbers. This year, we may qualify up to 30 projects for state competition.
- The Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) is scheduled May 13-18, 2017 in Los Angeles, CA. The LPSEF will be qualifying one high school project to attend the international competition.
Future CSEF Dates (CSU):
2018 - April 5-7
2019 - April 11-13
Future ISEF Dates:
2018 - May 13-18, Pittsburgh, PA
2019 - May 12-17, Phoenix, AZ
Once again, we are excited to host this rewarding STEM experience for our region and look forward to seeing you all on February 14th!